Oba Moses Oluwafemi Agunsoye was born on 24 January, 1957 into the royal families of late Pa Emmanuel Williams Agunsoye of Ijebu-Jesa and late princess Rachael Agunsoye (Nee Owoeye, the family of present reigning Oba of Odogo-Ijesa).
The young Prince Oluwafemi started his primary education in 1963 at St. Matthew’s school (A), Ijebu-Jesa, and finished at LA primary School, Ikare-Akoko in the year 1968. He proceeded to St. Benedict modern school, ikere-Ekiti between 1969-1971 before returning to complete his secondary education at Ijebu-Jesa Grammar School between 1972-1976. He further attended Federal Polytechnic, Idah between 1977 and 1981 where he studied mechanical Engineering, graduating in flying colours. He had his National Youth Service in Bauchi in the year 1981/82.
Upon completing the youth service, Prince ‘Femi Agunsoye joined the Federal Ministry of Industry, Industrial Inspectorate Department on 4 October, 1982 in Lagos. He was posted to Benin Zonal Office in the year 1993 where he worked for seven years before being posted to Jos Zonal Office as the Zonal Coordinator in the year 2000 and served for 10 and half years. He was then posted to Ibadan Zonal Office also as the Zonal Coordinator in November 2010 from where he retired in 2017.
He attended several courses within Nigeria such as ASCON Badagry, ABU zaria. He also had some outside Nigeria: Bureau Veritas, Paris France, Hamburg Germany among others.
PROFESSIONAL BODIES MEMBERSHIP
He is a member of the following professional bodies;
- COREN – Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria
- NSE – Nigeria Society of Engineers
- IACE – Institute of Appraisers & Cost Engineers
- ASCSN – Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria
- FELLOW – Chartered Institute of Administration
Oba Agunsoye is the Royal Advisor for Mass Communication
Alumni of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree. He is also an inductee of the National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) Hall of Fame.
He was a member of Choir and Boys brigade in the 1970s at St Matthew’s Church, Ijebu-Jesa.
- Egbe Omo-Lehin Kristi of St Matthew’s Church, Ijebu-Jesa
- Christian Charity Band, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Mushin, Lagos
- Egboro Klub of Ijebu-Jesa
- Guild of Stewards of Cathedral Church of St Matthews, Ijebu-Jesa
- Girls Guild of the Cathedral Church of St Matthews, Ijebu-Jesa
- Ina Olorun-tan of the Cathedral Church of St Matthews, Ijebu-Jesa
- Hope Rising Society of the Cathedral Church of St Matthews, Ijebu-Jesa
- Choir – Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Mushin, Lagos
- Sunday School Children, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Mushin, Lagos
- Boys and Girls Brigade, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Mushin, Lagos
- Christian Unity Band of Nigeria (CUBN), Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Muslin, Lagos
- Right Way Ministries International, Jos
HRM Oba (Engr.) Moses Oluwafemi Agunsoye was installed as the paramount ruler of Egboroland, Ijebu-Jesa on 7 November, 2017. Upon ascending the throne, Oba Agunsoye adopted the appellation – Abikehin-Ekun Agunsoye II, Elegboro of Ijebu-Jesa.
Oba Agunsoye is currently the President of Ijesa North Traditional Council.
Oba Oluwafemi Agunsoye got married to his darling wife, Olori Temitayo Omolara Agunsoye (Nee Akintokun) (My UULALA) on 21 December, 1985 at St Matthew’s Church, Ijebu-Jesa.
The marriage has been peaceful, pleasant and blessed with wonderful children by the grace of God.
HRM Oba (Engr.) Moses Oluwafemi Agunsoye
Abikehin-Ekun Agunsoye II
The Èlègbòrò of Ìjèbú-Jèsà